A well written user story follows the INVEST model:
- Independent – Has less to no dependencies on other stories / teams so its easier to plan for it
- Negotiable – Team should be able to collaboratively come up with the details of the story
- Valuable – Should provide some value to the project / customer
- Estimable – Should not be too vague or too big to estimate
- Small – Should be small enough to be developed and tested within one iteration / sprint
- Testable – Should contain well defined Acceptance criteria.
Like my blog?