Attendees: Whole Scrum team (including dev team, ScrumMaster and Product owner)
Duration: 1 hour
When: Last day of a sprint after all the stories are ‘Done’
- Inspect & Adapt
- Process Improvements
- Scrum Master facilitates
- Scrum Team discusses ‘what went well’, ‘what can be improved’ and ‘New Ideas / suggestions’
- For what went well – appreciate and encourage the team / team members.
- For what can be improved – team inspects and tries to come up with solutions or process improvements
- Welcome suggestions
- Continuous improvement is the main idea behind sprint retrospectives.
- Sprint Retrospective should not be used as a forum to blame each other.
- Try to keep the Sprint retrospective closed to only the scrum team members as that will give them a comfortable environment to communicate their views.
- Bring up the ‘suggestions’ or ‘what could be improved’ cards from the last retrospective and get the scrum team’s views on how the team has improved on those.
- Keep changing the format of the sprint retrospectives once in a while, otherwise people may get bored soon. For more ideas to run retrospectives please visit: Retrospective Ideas
Like my blog?