Attendees: Whole Scrum Team (including dev team, scrum master and product owner)
Duration: 15 min max.
When: As the name suggests, once a day, except the first day of the sprint. Typically, first thing to start the day.
- Inspect Situation
- Identify Impediments
- Adapt plans for achieving sprint goal
- Sync between team members
The Daily stand up meetings are conducted to bring the whole team on the same page. Every team member informs others what he/she is working on and if he/she is blocked by anything. If there are any blockers the Scrum master will make a note of those in the meeting and try to remove those for the team member to make further progress. The below listed activities are followed in a Daily Stand-up:
- Ideally conducted in the team area.
- Update Sprint Backlog to reflect reality
- Update Sprint Burndown Chart
- Understand the situation
- Self organize for achieving sprint goal
- Meeting lasts for max. 15 minutes
- Each team members answers the following 3 questions:
- What I did yesterday?
- What will I do today?
- Are there any impediments / blockers ?
- Most teams use a token to pass around (Like a ball or a toy) in random order, whoever gets the token speaks.
- Any other discussion apart from the 3 questions can be discussed as a 16th minute item after the 15 min stand-up is over.
Like my blog?