Attendees: Whole Scrum Team (including dev team, scrum master and product owner)
Duration: Ideally 1 hour per sprint week. Example – 3 hrs for a 3 week sprint and 4 hrs for a 4 week sprint
When: Before a Sprint begins.
Why: To populate the sprint backlog for the coming up sprint.
- Access team availability to gauge how many stories can be completed in a sprint
- Define Sprint Goal
- Product owner pull stories from prioritized product backlog
- Team discuss the user stories
- Team throw estimates on the stories in story points
- Discussed and estimated User stories are pulled into sprint backlog
- Team commits to the sprint goal and the user stories in the sprint backlog.
Helpful Tip(s): Refinement meetings ( or grooming meetings) before the sprint planning meeting help in hashing out intricate details of the planned stories for the upcoming sprints.
Like my blog?